Consumer watchdog Choice has completed a Travel Insurance review, comparing 22 insurers covering 89 policies, the reviews found that older, pregnant and people with depression weren’t covered in some of the standard policies.
CHOICE tips for buying travel insurance:
- Read ‘general exclusions’ and ‘policy cover’ and ‘pre-existing conditions’ sections carefully, especially if undertaking adventure travel or if you have particular medical needs.
- Check the ‘word definition’ table as it may contain some tricks of the policy (i.e. the definition of the term ‘relative’).
- Search online, compare quotes and policies and haggle for better price
- If you travel regularly check whether an annual policy might be suitable and cheaper.
- Look for special ‘member’ offers if have another insurance policy with the same provider (i.e. health or home and contents insurance).
Read CHOICE’s full report into travel insurance.
Please note Quotesonline Insurance News is an information service provided by third parties Insure 247 Australia doesn’t warrants the accuracy of any information contained there in, readers should make their own enquiry’s before relying on information in the stories Terms of Service